Noticing the little things in life that bring joy and peace are worth noticing. Just like a change jar, these little things eventually add up when you keep track of them.
It can be anything, really.
Keeping a count of life’s little joys can help brighten moods and shift the mental blinders from eh to fantastic. If you’re having a tough day, week, or month, try writing down 3-10 things a day that bring joy and gratitude.
I’ll share my list from yesterday, to give you an example:
- Fresh coffee, ready to go when I woke up.
- Beautiful feedback from a client!
- A $2 coupon on my wine (can I get a woo-woo??!)
- Hearing from an out-of-state friend of mine.
- A nice walk with my husband and son.
- Beautiful weather.
- A delicious dinner, prepared by my husband.
- Sharing laughter with another friend.
- A big, genuine hug from my son.
- A new aloe plant for my kitchen!
Give this a try, and see what else life brings you!